- Hydrock is a multi-disciplinary engineering design consultancy.
- Working alongside Marketing Director, Graham Munday, we discussed the desire to help the team improve and better understand the art of business copywriting and editing.
What we did
- We worked with Graham to determine the best examples and scenarios for a series of 5 workshops. This allowed us to put the tutorials into a realistic business setting, using previously produced content.
- We then ran the one-to-one, 60 minute tutorials which covered the mechanics of copywriting:
- Introduction – understanding the basics, what do we need to know before we begin
- Messaging – how to ensure accuracy of key information and delivering it effectively, identifying features and benefits
- Outcomes – translating objectives into effective and engaging copywriting, headlines & images
- Editing – making sure your copy is precise and on message, with confidence in results
- Evaluation – understanding the business context, reviewing results and making changes
- The use of personalised examples and tasks provided a sustained and effective change in Hydrock’s working style.
- This change has created confidence across the Hydrock team’s writing and has ensured their communication is clearer and more compelling.
- Individuals are now able to deliver effective messaging and news stories that make a compelling case for why a client should choose Hydrock.
- Ultimately, this has improved internal and external messaging, boosting stakeholder relationships.